* What is a Proclamation? *
Proclamations are official forms of recognition issued by the city, county or state government to call attention to a specific cause or event. In this case, you are asking your local government officials to proclaim that November is Family Court Awareness Month. Depending on the jurisdiction, a proclamation request can be made by a direct email to an official or his/her staff or it must be made in an online website form.
* Why is a Proclamation Important? *
Judges in our Family Court systems around the globe hold an incredible about of potential in their hands to cultivate health and healing for the children throughout the United States and globe. Our purpose is to raise awareness and develop pathways within our local communities to address the systemic issues that are placing children in harm's way. Raising awareness is the first step in the pathway to creating new conditions in the Family Court system that will ensure better outcomes for adult and child survivors as they navigate the system.
* How to request a proclamation from your local jurisdiction by email *
- Find out how your local and state governments issue proclamations.
- Get the email contact of the current official or the web form request submission link.
- Copy/paste the proclamation email template and personalize it.
- Email the request and any subsequent correspondence cc’ing: Proclamations@familycourtawarenessmonth.org (It helps a lot if you put the City/State info in the subject line.)
- Follow up to check on the status within seven days (email: email@example.com)
- Once the jurisdiction commits, please arrange to personally accept, personalize the acceptance script, have the proclamation mailed or arrange to pick it up.
- Complete this form once you have received confirmation that your proclamation is moving forward
- Following the proclamation ceremony, please send us a high-quality image of the proclamation to be added to our website and if you are comfortable doing so, send an image and/or video of the event for the website and to share on social media.
Family Court Awareness Month is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Copyright © 2023
Copyright © 2023